These little truffles are the perfect treat to enjoy when you feel like something sweet. They require minimal ingredients + are easy to make! I use rice malt syrup because it’s low in fructose and has a lovely toffee taste, but you could use honey or pure maple syrup if you’d prefer.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 100g dark chocolate (70% or 85%) + a little coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
1. Mix the almond meal, coconut oil, rice malt syrup and salt until combined
2. Roll the mixture into balls. Place on a lined tray and pop in the freezer to set for around 20 minutes
3. Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil. Dip the balls in and place back on the lined tray. Put into the fridge until the chocolate layer is set. Keep stored in the fridge.