Coconut + chocolate work perfectly together which is why I wanted to try to make a healthy bounty bar free of any nasty ingredients. This is the perfect little treat to make when you’re short on time, plus the coconut mixture isn’t too sweet which I like.
- 2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- 150g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
OR make your own raw chocolate using the raw chocolate recipe on my blog
1. Put a bowl over a pot of simmering water and melt the coconut oil, remove from the heat, add sweetener and vanilla
2. Place the coconut in a separate bowl, add the tablespoon of water and stir
3. Pour the coconut mix over and combine
4. Line a 18cm x 18cm baking pan and press the coconut mixture firmly into place and pop into the freezer for at least an hour.
Once set, slice and place them ready to dip into the chocolate mix
5. Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together and dip the coconut slices in
6. Place on a lined tray and leave to set in the freezer