These brownies are a must try! They’re gooey in the way a good brownie should be, as well as having a beautiful hint of nut butter which I love. They’re also quick to make and don’t have too many ingredients. I think I’ll give peanut butter a try next time! Oh and they are refined sugar, gluten and dairy free.. So don’t feel too guilty when you can’t stop at one!
Recipe from – http://www.mynewroots.org.
The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of coconut sugar which I don’t like to use, so I used maple syrup instead and it worked nicely.
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almond butter
- 100g gluten and dairy free dark chocolate (at least 70%)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees
2. In a small bowl whisk eggs, vanilla extract, sea salt, baking soda and maple syrup together
3. Add the almond butter and mix until smooth
4. Roughly chop around half of the dark chocolate and spoon into mixture
5. Pour the mixture into a 20 cm x 20 cm pan and pop the remaining chocolate over the top
6. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes
7. If eating these once they’re completely cooled, sometimes I like to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to make them nice and warm!